Judge of Probate
Judge of Probate: Andrea L. Truppa
Clerk: Marien Pechie
Plainfield-Killingly Probate District (27)
Town Hall, 8 Community Ave.
Plainfield, CT 06374
Monday - Wednesday 8:30am to 4:30pm
Thursday - 8:30am - 6:30pm
Friday - 8:30am - 3:00pm
Probate Courts have jurisdiction over a wide variety of matters including:
Trusts and Estates
- probating wills and the administration of estates;
- overseeing testamentary and living trusts;
- determining title to real and personal property; and,
- construing the meaning of wills and trusts.
Guardians, Conservators and Civil Commitment
- appointing guardians for persons who are mentally retarded;
- approving sterilizations and placements of persons who are mentally retarded;
- appointing a guardian of the estate or person for a child;
- for persons with mental illness and/or for persons who are incapable of managing or administering their own affairs, appointing conservators of the person and the estate; and,
- committing those suffering from severe mental illness to an appropriate facility.
- removing unfit parents as guardians of their children;
- hearing the claims of paternity of unwed fathers;
- terminating the parental rights of parents who cannot fulfill their parental responsibilities; and,
- granting adoptions.
- granting name changes;
- approving or disapproving the marriage of a youth under the age of sixteen years; and
- waiving the blood tests required for the issuance of a marriage license.