Public Works Department
Supervisor: Sidney Ames, Jr.
Personnel: Rich Eccleston (Crew Leader), Rodney Goodale, Warren Robinson, Timothy Strmiska
Public Works Office Phone: (860) 546-6604
Cell Phone: (860) 230-6093
111 Kinne Road
Canterbury, CT 06331
Solid Waste Transfer Station:
Hours: Tuesday/Thursday: 8am - 1:45 pm*, Saturday: 8am - 2:45 pm*
*Vehicles will be admitted up to 15 minutes prior to closing.
Transfer Station Permits are available at the Town Hall with proof of current Canterbury Vehicle Registration.
All roads in the town are maintained by The Public Works Department with the exception of State Roads Route 169, Route 14 and Butts Bridge Road.
Road maintenance includes sweeping, patching potholes and edges, cleaning catch basins, mowing grass, trimming brush, picking up litter, installing and maintaining signs, plowing snow (including Municipal Building and Schools), edging the roads, pruning/removing trees and painting stop bars.
The crew does as much maintenance as possible on trucks at the Town Garage. It also installs and maintains guardrails and guide posts, performs bridge maintenance, and installs drainage fixtures. When needed, the crew helps out with school and recreation projects.
Please contact the Selectmen's Office or the Public Works Department when Town Road safety or maintenance concerns arise.
- 6.28 E-waste results
- Butts Bridge DOT Description
- Butts Bridge Repair Plans
- Canterbury Connecticut Local History
- Canterbury Transfer Station Guidelines
- Kinne Road Concrete Detail #1
- Kinne Road Concrete Detail #2
- Kinne Road Concrete Specs
- Kinne Road Lower Level Asphalt Bid
- Kinne Road Lower Level Asphalt Bid Detail
- Kinne Road Lower level Asphalt Bid specs
- Kinne Road PW Subsurface Soil specs
- Kinne Road Transfer Asphalt Bid
- Kinne Road Transfer Asphalt Bid Detail
- Kinne Road Transfer Asphalt Bid specs
- Mailbox Policy
- Public Works Truck bid specs
- PW Excavation Addendum #1
- PW Excavation Bid Form
- PW Excavation Bid Invite
- PW Excavation Boring Test Results
- PW Excavation Plans
- PW Excavation Pre-Bid Attendee List
- PW Excavation Provisions
- PW Site Excavation Bid Results
- Single Stream Recycling
- Snow Removal Plan
- Timber Sale Bid Specs
- Transfer Station Conceptual
- Transfer Station Detail
- Transfer Station Layout
- Transfer Station Property
- Waste Flyer