Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
Canterbury Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
Mission Statement: The purpose of the Canterbury CERT is to assist the Town of Canterbury by providing assistance, as needed, for emergency disaster response to Canterbury and surrounding communities, and to educate and promote disaster/emergency awareness and preparedness to all citizens.
Our CERT was formed to augment Canterbury's response capabilties and will work to:
- Promote and educate individual emergency preparedness among fellow Canterbury residents.
- Operate a public shelter for town residents should the need arise.
- Assist and support town emergency personnel during town emergencies and as otherwise needed.
- Assist other regional CERT organizations as necessary.
- Continue education and training of our members through both formal and informal course work and exercises.